Sunday, March 8, 2009

Alexis at her Religious Medal Ceremony

On Satureday, March 7th, Alexis and 12 (one couldn't make it to mass) other girls received their Catholic Relgious Medals at the 5 PM mass. Each level earned a different medal. This took roughly one year for all of the girls to earn. They had to visit shrines, go to different servies, complete community service and more. This was beyond any other requirements for other awards or patches. Alexis and her friend Angie, did this together. It was a great learning experience for all! She is all set to begin the next level (Jr. Girl Scouts)medal.

Also, if you could say an extra prayer for the leader, Michelle. She made sure the girls completed the needed requirements and overall their cheerleader. On the Thursday before this, she was hospitalized. She learned that she is battling blood cancer. She couldn't not be at mass and I know how proud she was of these young ladies.

All of the girls who earned medals

Alexis and Father

Father with all of the girls
We had dinner at Pizza Hut afterwards. Grandpa Zettel, cousin Sara, Grandpa and Grandma Grewe came down for this specail time.
Another picture of dinner!




No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4 wild and crazy kids (10,8,6, and 4). Before kids, I taught 2nd/3rd grade. Now my important job is to be a wife, mother, religious education instrutor, and taxi driver to my childrens activities. I have also taken on the role of a Daisy Leader and a Brownie Co-Leader for this current school year. I am having so much fun with Allison and the 10 other girls in the troop!