Monday, March 16, 2009

Allison's ER Trip






Last night around 9, I took Allison to the ER in Ann Arbor. She has been developing these bruises all over her legs and arms. She also has complained that her legs hurt. She developed a lot more yesterday and they were deep purple. I called a friend, who is a PA, and she recommanded that we go in. So then I called our ped's office and the nurse on call suggested the same. She was already in her pj's and robe, so we slipped on some shoes, packed my laptop up with some movies, and away we went.

She has 2 viruses one causing the bruise like spots. The first one is minor and it is Fifth Diease (or slapped check), caused by a cold that she had the week prior. The 2nd one is called HSP (here is a link: http://www.medicinenet.com/henoch-schonlein_purpura/article.htm ). It is inflamation to the blood vessels. It is a little more serious if they find proteins in her kidneys or blood in her urine/stool. We are going back today to our ped for a recheck. She will probably have to do this for a few weeks to make sure it hasn't spread to the organ.

She was an angel. Even in her discomfortment she had smiles!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4 wild and crazy kids (10,8,6, and 4). Before kids, I taught 2nd/3rd grade. Now my important job is to be a wife, mother, religious education instrutor, and taxi driver to my childrens activities. I have also taken on the role of a Daisy Leader and a Brownie Co-Leader for this current school year. I am having so much fun with Allison and the 10 other girls in the troop!